Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday August 24th




My brother is a world war two buff. I guess its because of all the stories our father told us when we were kids. I'm not interested in wars; I think they're an atrocity, but I do agree that the second world war was something that needed to happen. And bitch slapping Hitler was one of the greatest things our country ever did.

The story Valkyrie is an aborted milestone in German history that created small footnote in American history. Mainly because it didn't have anything to do with us, but had tremendous impact upon Germany. It would have had greater impact still had it worked, this small group of men and women who dared to try to take over the government after assassinating hitler would have caused the war machine to ground to a halt. Unfortunately it didn't happen. The only thing I rember about the incident was literally a footnote in my high school history book. I was intrigued that someone had the nards to place a bomb right next to Hitler and walk away. Even though I tried (I wanted to do my term paper on it) I never found any more information about it.

But that was way back in the stone age, before the internet.

I'm sure the movie isn't totally historically accurate, but it does explain what my inquiring mind wanted to know about this incident in German history. It's too bad it didn't work, sadder still that someone didn't think of it sooner. But then again if it had happened and Hitler was killed (he was coming unglued during this time anyway, I'm surprised Himmler hadn't taken the chance to remove him) and Himmler had taken over, it would probably had been much worse. In the end, though, the inner circle, greedy and power hungry as they were would have turned on each other like a pack of starving wolves. Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me how one obscure man managed to attain so much power and wield so much evil than Hitler.

The movie was good. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but I found his performance adequate.
Now the one I really want to see is Inglorious Bastards. I do like Brad Pitt; absolutely loved him in 7 Years in Tibet, and think I'll like him just as much as the nazi ass kicking redneck who says in the trailer, "this Nazi wants to die for his country...ah blidge him."

You gotta love a really badly done Southern accent. :D

Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch ice water
Dinner chicken and veggies

Today I turn off my technology and listen to the wind. And write.
ya'll have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite.