Monday, August 2, 2010

The Rites of Rejuvenation

As promised, here is the playlist for the rest of the rites of rejuvenation performed by my teacher Lama Jigme Gyatso.  As you can see from the demonstration below, the second rite  is a bit more of a challenge,than the first and the third.  The last one is the greatest challenge for me, but your mileage may vary.

You will also notice that my teacher has added 5 planks to the practice .  These don't take a lot of time to master, even for the most sedentary of us.  And when you do the five rites at least once a day for about a month or so, you will notice dramatic  results.  I know I did. Before I started doing these I had difficulty just doing Tibetan prostrations, now I can get up and down with ease. My core is a lot stronger and I feel more energetic.

As always, be gentle with yourself. If in doubt, check with your health care provider before doing these.  And don't forget to follow along with the meditation practice that goes with these rites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite.