Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday August 9th I hereby declare today a drama free zone





Peak Flow 350
breakfast, 2 strips of bacon, strawberries and bing cherries
lunch; small salad and grapes
Dinner: remainer of chicken and veggies.

This marks the 4th month I've been on the paleo diet and the results are remarkable.
I feel so much better, my clothes are looser and I have lots more energy.

It's been a stressful week. Very difficult, but Lama tells me that our devotion and practice deepens with adversity.

Yet there are some days when I yearn to live in a cabin high on a mountain, without telephone, computer or other distractions where I can practice in peace and quiet, and take care of JW.

I finished one tsa tsa bag and started another, based on designs I attained through meditation practice. They're simple mandalas.
The beads represent grains of sand/impermanence
the strings represent interconnectivity
the designs represent the universe.


I'm ready to 'hit it' today. Im going to clean up this dump, finally finally do my tsa tsa practice and try my best to do some transcribing. Im severely behind in that. I'll take my copy of Heart Treasure and transcribe the root text. That's always a good contemplation practice.

I'm off to do a walking meditation practice, then sit out and soak in sun and fresh air before the day gets too hot. tThen do my transcriptions, beadwork, painting, and making new tsa tsas.

Altogether a fun and relaxing day.
And sunscreen. There absolutely has to be sunscreen.
It never ceases to amaze me with all my American Indian genetics that I'd be so light skinned. I guess my Cheyenne friend was right; genetics really is a crapshoot.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your diet! May I ask what is the peak flow means at the beginning of your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Be polite.