Thursday, August 27, 2009

Being the center of the storm



Now I understand why the Lord Buddha left home for six years to meditate. Today has been one long distraction, and this evening has blossomed into something really disturbing. I was late with my practice because of it, but I did do Buddha's 3 Cauldrons, the concise edition because there is very little time.

My nephew is 4 hours late getting to the house. He has neither called, nor emailed. My brother (his dad) just had the worst day and the worst news any one man can have and cannot find his son.

Hell is about to boil over.

And I am still feeling calm abiding. Through Lama's teachings I will return again and again to the dharma, through my practice texts, and remain calm through this crisis. I will be the center of this storm.

And all the while I pray that it will rain flowers.
Om mani padme hum.

1 comment:

  1. Nephew is safe. He forgot to come here instead of going home.

    ReplyDelete

Be polite.