Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tsa Tsa Practice 101 continued

I took five tsa tsas from their little house this afternoon and started painting.
I am using 3 base coats of white: 3 being a prime number and auspicious and because three coats covers the tsa tsa nicely without leaving any streaks.
I'm using standard acrylic craft paints to do them, and I make sure that once i put on the base coats that the paint goes on evenly, does not clump and certainly does not distort the tiny details in the face, ect.
During the painting process I chanted the mani
OM MANI PADME HUM
under my breath, focusing on my efforts to make them as perfect as possible.
They are now currently drying on my work table.
Tomorrow I will go over them with a gold wash (watered down gold paint) so that they will have a golden tint to them when I apply the over coat. I will use my tanka of Chenrezig as a pattern to place the various colors of paint in the right spot.
Once they're done, I'll have JW take photos.
I am also making native american beaded amulet bags to store the tsa tsa's in.
That's a practice all its own.
later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite.