Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Joy of Baked Eggs

It's been a while since I posted a recipe, so here goes:

This is a simple recipe that I use for baked (shirred) eggs, compliments of Author Mark Bittman who has, wonder of wonders, his own website!

So here it is, my paleo version of this excellent recipe. Enjoy.



BAKED (SHIRRED) EGGS

Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
Oven Preheat: 375

2-6 eggs
muffin tin or custard cups

coat the inside of the muffin tin or custard cups with olive oil.  Deseed and chop up a Roma tomato until fine and place in the bottom of the cup.
Gently place eggs into the cup.  I break the egg into a measuring cup and then gently slide the egg into the custard cup.
Sprinkle with your favorite herbs.  I prefer paprika myself.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are just set.  Since the heat trapped inside the cup will allow the eggs to continue cooking, go ahead and take them out of the oven and let them 'set' for a minute or two.  Remove from their cups and serve.

Recipe excerpted from the above text, pg 737

At some point in the near future, when my finances stabilize somewhat and I am able to experiment more, I am dying to create a paleo friendly beignet.  I'll let you know how it works out.

 

3 comments:

Be polite.