Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paleo Friendly Mayonaisse

Yes, even though standard mayo registers about an eight on my blech scale, I do add about a tablespoon mixed in with tuna or salmon salad. The problem with this is that it's not paleo friendly and it tastes like crap. So, after digging through my copy of the Paleo Diet I found a palatable and paleo friendly substitute. And since I can't abide flax seeds, here's my take on it

Omega 3 Mayo

1 whole egg (preferably omega 3 infused)
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 canola oil

Put egg, juice and mustard into a blender and blend for about 5 seconds. Continue blending and slowly add the oils. Blend until the mayo is thick.  the recipe states that you should scrape the mayo into a snap lock plastic container, but since I don't like using plastic if I can help it, I prefer instead to place it into a clean glass jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite.