Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Walk away from the battle between the X and the Y

During the 51 years in this incarnation I've been told:





I can’t be an astronaut
I can’t play sports
I can’t write
Or paint
Or be a journalist.
Or have a child.



Now some people want to tell me I can’t become enlightened
because
I don’t have a Y chromosome
That I have to be reincarnated as
a lesser being
before I can
Become a man
and then
Only then
Can I become
enlightened.

Some people want to tell me that the only way a woman
Can become enlightened
is to prostitute herself

While….

Others say that no one really
can become enlightened.
It takes countless lifetimes.

If ever.

Or that the path to enlightenment
Is enlightenment itself.

They forget
that the journey
is not
the destination.




I say

Believe nothing.
simply
explore the possibility
that:


Without the XX chromosome
And the XY Chromosome
Momentarily coming together
Due to karma
Components
Conditions
And perceptions

No one could ever
obtain a precious human life
which makes the potential
for enlightenment
possible.

Explore the possibility that:
mind is mind
Genderless
Luminous
Eternal

The mind
Despite which body it inhabits
is
fertile
gravid
a field

Carrying both seed and soil
And needs only sunlight and rain
Of Dharma to
Bring forth fruition.

OM MANI PADME HUM
images borrows from the below sites: All their rights reserved.

http://openparachute.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/preacher1.jpg
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.chopra.com/files/images/MindBOdy
www.spontaneouscreation.org/SC/links.htm

Read my teacher's essays at become-buddha

1 comment:

Be polite.